This page contains the Ocean Data Portal Data Provider software package as well as middleware needed to run the software.
This software is required only by registered data providers (they can download from here the most recent updates). Other users can try out the software and middleware and assess its compatibility with their IT infrastructure.
What is the Data Provider software?
The Data Provider software is a tool facilitating the access between the Ocean Data Portal and the local data system.
When the Data Provider is installed in the local data system and local data sets are registered, the latter becomes a data source for the ODP distributed data system.
The Data Provider can cover such local data systems as:
- SQL-oriented databases (ranging from MS Access to Oracle);
- CSV-like structured data files (CSV, TSV and derivatives), fixed position files;
- Any unstructured data files (or unparseable by ODP services) – multimedia, documents, archives, etc.
- Connection to the data sets maintained by the data centre
- Generation and updating of metadata in compliance with the current status of the local data sets
- Access to resources and data sampling based on criteria of the external request
Data Provider software download .
Version 1.5.5 released!
- Option to use HTTP or web-service interaction between Integration Server and Data Provider,
- Web-service notification in case metadata and data is updated in dataset,
- Logging processes of data request and metadata actualization,
- Quartz implementation of system and metadata schedulers,
- Handling data catalogues located at FTP server,
- Light Data Provider functionality for registration users that can use Data Provider remotely. Users have their own list of datasets and can manage it without conflicts with other users. Remote users can’t modify any system configuration of Data provider,
- Changes in web interface,
- Character encoding "bug fix" in DiGIR concerning with using MS SQL Server database.
Package contains core components of the Data Provider and few additional configuration files. Middleware for Windows installations are provided.
Eearlier versions of the Data Provider can be downloaded from here .
To install and operate the ODP Data Provider, it is recommended to use a computer with the following minimum characteristics:
CPU 1GHz or more, 1 GB RAM, 300 Mb hard disk space.
The following is required to install and operate the ODP Data Provider:
- Operating System - Windows/Solaris/Linux/Unix;
- Java SE Development Kit version 1.6 or later;
- JBoss Application Server 4.2.2 or later;
- Web server - Apache or Microsoft's IIS (this is preferable to Apache 2.2.x). Web server Apache with PHP is required only if database is planned to be connected as a datasource. PHP is a cross-platform web scripting language. Centres providing data should have a PHP interpreter (version 4.4.4 or later).
Installation and configuration of the software
A number of manuals and instructional videos are available to help you with the installation and configuration of the software on your local system.
More information here
Data provider user guide and administrator guide are available by following links:
Data Provider user guide - installation and setup»
Data Provider - Registration and Maintenance of Resources under the Distributed Data Source System»
Please refer to the TECHNICAL SECTION of Frequently Asked Questions for more details!