RDA Purpose: The purpose of the Research Data Alliance is to accelerate international data-driven innovation and discovery by facilitating research data sharing and exchange, use and re-use, standards harmonization, and discoverability. This will be achieved through the development and adoption of infrastructure, policy, practice, standards, and other deliverables.
RDA Guiding Principles
- Openness – Membership is open to all interested individuals who subscribe to the RDA’s Guiding Principles. RDA community meetings and processes are open, and the deliverables of RDA Working Groups will be publicly disseminated.
- Consensus – The RDA moves forward by achieving consensus among its membership. RDA processes and procedures include appropriate mechanisms to resolve conflicts.
- Balance – The RDA seeks to promote balanced representation of its membership and stakeholder communities.
- Harmonization – The RDA works to achieve harmonization across data standards, policies, technologies, infrastructure, and communities.
- Community-driven – The RDA is a public, community-driven body constituted of volunteer members and organizations, supported by the RDA Secretariat.
- Non-profit – RDA does not promote, endorse, or sell commercial products, technologies, or services.